Personal injuries in Clarkesville, GA are often caused by the negligent act of another person or entity. These acts may result in minor injuries or life-threatening situations. Under these circumstances, the injured party is entitled to compensation under the law.
Personal injuries may occur in the following situations:
- Medical Malpractice
- Defective Equipment
- Unsafe Medications
- Slip and Fall
- Animal Attacks
- Work-related Injuries
- Vehicle or Pedestrian Accidents
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Unsafe Premises Security
- Birth Related Injuries
Of course, there are other situations that may result in a personal injury that are not listed above.
What To Do When You Have Been Injured in Clarkesville, Georgia
When you have been injured as a result of the negligence action of another person or entity, you should use the following guidelines to ensure that you receive proper medical care and future compensation.
- Report the incident to the correct authorities. Incidents that occur at work should be reported to the correct personnel so that documentation can be made of the event and Worker’s Compensation can be notified. Incidents that occur outside of work should be reported to the person in charge of the establishment. Car accidents, animal attacks and other public accidents should be reported to the sheriff.
- Seek immediate medical attention. Your health and welfare is the most important thing. If you have been injured, you need to seek the proper medical care to stabilize your condition. Make sure that you follow all medical orders concerning your health.
- While the event is still fresh in your mind, make sure you write down a detailed description of what happened. If there are any witnesses to the event, make sure you include this information in your document and obtain their contact information if possible.
- Seek legal advice from a personal injury attorney. A personal injury attorney can ensure that you are receiving all the benefits to which you are entitled because of your injury, such as continued medical care until you recover, and determine what forms of compensation to which you are entitled under the law. Each injury, based on type, severity, and the outcome will carry different forms and amounts of compensation for the injured party.
When you have been injured, you do not have to suffer alone. There are laws in place that will ensure you receive medical care and help with the financial hardships that often accompany an injury. A good personal injury attorney will help you with all of these issues, allowing you to concentrate on recovering from your injuries.